- ALWAYS BACKUP FIRST !
of these files are archived in ZIP, RAR, 7Z or CAB format. You need a file decompression (unZIPping/unARChiving/unRARing) tool to extract their contents. I
- STAY SAFE: Scan for viruses ALL files downloaded from the
- Target Operating System(s)/software/hardware REQUIRED for installing upgrades/patches/fixes/drivers!
- Installing Windows OS components/upgrades/patches/fixes/drivers/tools may require you to be logged
on with Administrative/Power User/Sysadmin privileges.
- Windows Vista/2008/7/8/8.1/2012/10 users: right-click each file and select "Run as Administrator"
(temporary fix) or disable User Account Control (UAC) (permanent fix) in:FYI: MDGx Customized File Manager (FM) installer FMNT32.EXE (free) also
installs "Disable User Account Control (UAC)" + "Enable User Account Control (UAC)" items to Desktop right-click shell context menu. For details open
TAKEOWN.INF + TAKEOWN.REG (both in C:\FileMan) using Notepad or better Notepad replacement [free(ware)].
- NEWest at the
top → OLDest at the bottom.
- Items labeled as "discontinued!":
obsolete, unmaintained +/- abandoned.
- Most all software featured here is free(ware): Freeware, Free +/- Open Source.
- I do not recommend any shareware/trialware/retail programs, except the few essentials on my
MUST HAVE list, and only if I could not find any free(ware) alternative.
- Most unofficial Windows OSes (Hot)Fixes, Packs + Updates created using official Microsoft IEAK (INF + SED) installer toolkit (free).
- Check back often for NEW tools +
- Please let me know if you discover any broken links. Thanks.